So the Kids needed something for afternoon tea, and I had the urge to bake. It had to be with what I had in my pantry because I really didn’t feel like going to the shops, I felt like muffins and in particular raspberry muffins, especially since I had frozen raspberries in the freezer. I searched around on the internet looking for recipes for raspberry muffins, and unfortunately every recipe asked for a least one ingredient I didn’t have ( don’t you hate it when that happens).
So I did a little bit of playing around with a basic recipe, added a little bit of this and took out a little bit of that and crossed my fingers that they would work.
And Ta Daaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! I ended up with a beautiful batch of muffins, that the kids and hubby eagerly devoured for afternoon tea :-).
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tsp melted butter
- 150g white chocolate chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180º
- In a large bowl combine sifted flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt
- in another bowl whisk eggs together with sugar until blended. Then whisk in butter and milk
- add egg mixture to flour mix and gently fold, add raspberries and chocolate and fold until just combined ( note its important not to over mix as this will make your muffins tough)
- spoon batter in prepared muffin cups , and bake until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre of muffin, about 18-20 minutes
- Raspberry and Chocolate Chip Muffins! (simplebakerblog.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Raspberry Ricotta Muffins (she: Kate) (oneshetwoshe.com)
- raspberry & brown butter muffins (tutti-dolci.com)
- Raspberry Muffins! (homesimplicity.wordpress.com)
- Raspberry, Quinoa & Coconut Protein Muffins (nourishingnibblesblog.wordpress.com)