There is no particular reason as to why I made these, except that I was at home, had the urge to bake and they are chocolate.
Chocolatey they are, moist rich delis-ish-ness. We ate them for afternoon tea with a cup of coffee but I think that they would be amazing warmed and served with vanilla-bean ice cream YUM 🙂
I think I might have to make another batch, and some home made vanilla-bean ice cream. Shop brought ice cream wouldn’t do this chocolatey delis-ish-ness any justice.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 160g butter chopped
- 5 eggs, seperated
- 11/2 cups (165g) almond meal
- 3/4 cup (165g) sugar
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- Preheat oven to 170º (340ºF)
- Place chocolate and butter in small pan over low heat, stir unit melted and smooth
- Allow to cool slightly, then stir in egg yolks, almond meal and 1/2 cup of the sugar
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer, whisk until soft peak form, then gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk until glossy
- Fold egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture
- Spoon into 6x 1 cup lightly greased muffin tins, bake for 30 minutes of until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre
- allow to cool
- Place chocolate and cream in a small pan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Spread chocolate glaze over cakes with a palette knife.
RECIPE by donna Hay