This Pasta Bake is easy, nutritious and delicious. It’s filled with delicious veggies that not only look gorgeous but they also taste great. This was a big hit with the kids and a great way to get all your vegetables in one dish. I think that you could also add a variety of different veggies too, pumpkin would work really well as would parsnip, eggplant, brussel sprouts etc etc…… (what ever takes your fancy really).
I love the look of all these vegetables together, and they smelt divine when they were cooking. I think these veggies on their own would also work really well as a side dish with some grilled chicken. I also think this pasta bake would be a great dish to take along to a BBQ instead of the standard potato bake.
My kids took the left overs to school the next day for their lunch and said that they enjoyed it just as much cold as they did hot, and its a nice change from a sandwich :-).
- 2 spanish/ red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 2 Tsp chopped thyme
- 6 Tsp olive oil
- 350g penne pasta ( I used wholemeal)
- 6 anchovies
- 6 thin slices proscuitto
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 200g bocconcini, cut into small chunks
- 4 Tsp cream
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Place all vegetables and the tomatoes on a large baking tray, sprinkle with thyme and drizzle with 2 Tsp olive oil. Toss well to combine season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions
- Place anchovies, proscuitto, garlic and basil in a food processor, add remaining olive oil and process until a course paste
- Toss together roasted vegetables and their cooking juices, the anchovy paste and the pasta. Stir in bocconcini and cream, then pour into a large baking dish . Bake in oven for 15 minutes
Recipe adapted from http://www.taste.com.au
Tagged: Anchovy, Basil, bocconcini, cherry tomatoes, Cook, cook pasta, dinner, garlic, Home, leeks, Olive oil, one pot meals, Pasta, Pasta bake, proscuitto, Recipe, red onions, sweet potato, Thyme, vegetable, vegetarian, Zucchini