I was catching up with a friend Claudia for coffee last week, and we were talking about food like we do………………..
I love talking to Claudia about food, she has an Italian back ground and she is always telling the most wonderful stories about what her father makes, the old style Italian way, she constantly has me salivating. She has told me about so many recipes that I have put down on my to make list.
Any how the conversation somehow turned its way into muffins and that got me all muffin-excited !!!!!!! we kept coming up with flavour combinations, ones we had made, ones we would like to make. So here it is I decided to make almond blueberry and pear, and they even tasted better then I imagined they would.
I made little bite size ones which will be great for packing in the kids lunch boxes. But big ones would be great for an easy breakfast yum yum yum.
- 195g plain flour
- 30g almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g melted butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 125ml milk
- 110g blueberries ( I used frozen)
- 1 pear cored and chopped into 1/2 cm cubes
- flakes almonds to garnish the tops of the muffins
- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Combine sifted flour, almond meal, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and sugar in a bowl
- Add fruit and stir to combine, make a well in the centre
- in a separate bowl whisk together egg, milk and butter
- pour milk mixture in the centre of the flour mix and stir until just combined
- spoon into your prepared muffin tins
- bake for 15-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre ( bake time will vary depending on what size muffins you make
recipe sourced from crumbsfeedyourfamily.blogspot.com.au