I mentioned in my post yesterday, chocolate slice that I also made mango and white chocolate muffins, so I thought I should give you the recipe as they are really yummy 🙂
The white chocolate and mango combination works really well together, and it’s also not a combination I see around regularly.
Fresh mango would be ideal for this recipe, but its not mango season here at the moment so I used frozen which worked perfectly. I opted for frozen mango over tin mango as the tin mango has lots of added sugar whereas the frozen is just snap-frozen mango flesh.
I have also added quinoa to this recipe and I really like the texture it imparts. When you bite into the muffin you get a taste of soft fruit, sweet from the white chocolate and little flakes of quinoa, it really is very yummy ( even if I do say so myself :-).
- 195g plain flour
- 30g quinoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g melted butter
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 125ml butter milk
- 110g mango flesh ( I used frozen)
- 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Combine sifted flour, quinoa, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and sugar in a bowl
- Add mango and chocolate, stir to combine, make a well in the centre
- in a separate bowl whisk together egg, butter milk and butter
- pour milk mixture in the centre of the flour mix and stir until just combined
- spoon into your prepared muffin tins
- bake for 15-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre