CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE and more CHOCOLATE these cookies are chocolate heaven.
They really are to die for especially if your a chocolate lover , firm on the outside and just a little bit soft in the middle with big chunks of dark and white chocolate to bite into Mmmmmmmm…..
Perfect with a cup of coffee, tea or glass of milk. Or why not to make it a real treat and sandwich two around some vanilla bean ice-cream for a yummy dessert.
- 110g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (130g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extact
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted (I used dutch cocoa)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 125g dark chocolate melted
- 140g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 140g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- pre heat oven to 160ºC
- place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy
- add egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes
- stir through sifted flour, cocoa, bicarbonate soda and melted chocolate
- add chopped dark and white chocolate and stir to combine
- roll tablespoons of mixture into rounds, place on baking trays lined with non stick paper , allowing room to spread, flatten slightly
- bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned,cool on trays
This recipe is adapted from the cookbook ‘Donna Hay simple chocolate essentials’
Tagged: baking, Butter, Caster sugar, chocolate, chocolate cookies, Cocoa solids, Cookie, cooking, dark chocolate, dessert, Donna Hay, Flour, Food, Recipe, Sucrose, Types of chocolate, white chocolate